Now more than ever, you want the color palette in your home to inspire tranquility and a sense of welcome—and perhaps a bit of the mischief, cheerfulness, or downright humor that speaks to
Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Dated: January 14 2021
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
4-5 pound chuck roast
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pound carrots
(peeled and cut into 2" chunks)
2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
(peeled and cut into large chunks)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons cold water
minced parsley optional, to garnish
1. Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, pepper and thyme (if you are sensitive to sodium, adjust to your taste or you can even leave the salt out altogether since you're adding broth).
2. Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium-high.
3. Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
4. In your slow cooker add the carrots, potatoes, and garlic.
5. Lay the beef on top, then add the beef broth and cover, cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
6. In the last hour mix your cornstarch and water and add it to the slow cooker to thicken the sauce or you can take the food out when done cooking, and add the leftover liquid to a small saucepan with the cornstarch/water mixture and cook on high for just 2-3 minutes until the liquid is thickened into a gravy.
7. Pour the gravy over the meat and garnish with parsley if desired.
I am a people gatherer and a community builder. I believe that being connected to people and a place can get you through anything life has in store. It is a privilege to walk alongside people as they ....
Latest Blog Posts
The 2020 housing market was full of surprises. Despite a health pandemic impacting nearly all segments of everyday life, real estate was resilient. Realtor.com® recently released its 2021